11 May Viking Bay, Broadstairs
Viking Bay is a beautiful horse shoe Bay in Broadstairs, Kent. When tourists come to Broadstairs the first thing they head for is this stunning natural harbour with wide sandy beaches, tidal pools and crystal clear sea.
At one end of the bay is a small pier with fishing boats and surfboards to hire. At the other end separated by a kilometer and a half of clean, golden sand beach is a tidal rock pool. During the summer months you can hire a beach hut and enjoy the spectacular views and relax in peace and tranquility as you watch the waves roll in.
When your feeling peckish there are a wide range of restaurants, bars and pubs within walking distance.
Sandwiched between Louisa bay and Stone Bay, Viking bay is one of seven magnificent beaches Broadstairs boasts – all within walking distance along the cliff promenade. Whether you choose to lie on a beach towel, rent a deck chair or even a colourful wooden beach hut you are assured a relaxing time. Enjoy the magnificent view over the English Channel with an ice cream in hand.
- Parking: There are two large car parks close at Albion Street (81 spaces) and Harbour parking (69 spaces).
- Childrens activities – During the summer months there are swings and roundabouts on the beach.
- Toilets: are open all year round
- Food/Drink: There are numerous beach shops, cafes, restaurants and pubs nearby.
- Dogs. No dogs are allowed on Viking Beach between 1 May to 30 September.
- Beach Lift: A seasonal beach lift operated between April – September
- Deck Chair hire is available
- Safety: There is a First Aid point, and seasonal lifeguards are on hand during the tourist season
- Wheelchairs: All-terrain wheelchairs are available for people who have an mobility impairment on 7 of Thanet’s sandy beaches. For more information visit Beach within Reach.
Viking Bay photos
Viking Bay in Broadstairs is a beautiful English seaside beach, so beautiful in fact that people share their photos on the web. You can see some of them by clicking on the map below.
(Note: You can also zoom in or out by clicking on the + or – buttons on the bottom right hand side.)
Viking Bay Videos
Want to get a real sense of what it’s like to be at Viking Bay in Broadstairs? Click on the videos below to see videos made by people who visited the resort and recorded what they saw.
Viking Bay in Broadstairs, a relaxing, quintessentially English seaside beach suitable for all the family.